Manglik Dosha or Mangal Dosha is considered a bad combination for marriage or relationship, caused due to Mars’ adverse position, in Indian Vedic Astrology. The study of the influence of celestial bodies on earth and humans. This yoga is believed to create some disturbance to the concerned house it occupies.This should be considered merely a misconception and not always true.
Mars is said to be the main planet concerning Mangal Dosha. This Dosha is also known as Kuja, Angaraaka, and Bhom Dosha. The calculation for a Mangali Chart is very simple. When Mars is posited in 1st, 4th, 7th, 8th,or 12th house and in some cases in 2nd house from ascendant Rising of a zodiac sign on the eastern horizon atthe time of birth, placed in horoscope of a native, as 1st house is most important in calculation and prediction or Moon, in an astrological birth chart Adiagram showing exact position of planets in signs at time of birth of an individual prepared with the help of time, date and place of birth of an individual. A person born with Mars in one of these houses. These are twelve sections of zodiac circle having 360° numbered clockwise Ascendant is known as the first house and the last house is known as the twelfth house Each house represents specific traits used for prediction. is called Mangali or Manglik.The boy is known as a Manglik boy and the girl is known as a manglik girl. An individual born under any sign (Rashi) or constellation A group of visible stars making a figure and visible at the night sky. Constellations (Nakshatras) are 27 divisions of zodiac, each measuring 13.20'. They are also termed as Lunar mansions(Nakshatra in Indian Vedic astrology) (Nakshatra) may be a Manglik.
How to Cancel or Neutralize Negative Effect of Manglik Dosh?
Following are some planetary combinations, which cancel the negative effects of Mangal Dosha. These combinations will not only neutralize the effects, but will also give you a happy married life.
1. Primarily if Mars is placed in the ascendant in Aries, Leo or Aquarius sign, the bad effects of Mangal Dosha will be cancelled.
2. When Mars is in its own sign or in the houses owned by his friends manglik dosha gets cancelled.
3. If Mars is in the 2nd house but in Virgo, Gemini sign no dosha.
4. If Mars is in Sagittarius (Dhanu) or Pisces(Meen) in 8th house, the Manglik dosha is only partial (anshik).
5. If Mars is in own sign, i.e. in Aries or Scorpio(Mesh or Vrishchik), the effects are diluted and the Manglik dosha is partial only.
6. If Mars is in Gemini or Virgo in 2nd house, there is no Manglik dosha.
7. If Mars is in Taurus or Libra in 12th house, the Manglik dosha is diluted.
8. If Mars is aspected by a benefic Planets having natural beneficial and positive influences, opposite to malefic (favorable) planet e.g. Jupiter, Manglik dosha is not present.
9. If Venus is in Ascendant (lagna),there is no Manglik dosha.
10. If Mars is exalted, i.e.in Capricorn (Makar) or in own sign (Aries or Scorpio) in NavamshaIn Indian Vedic astrology, this is the 1/9th divisional chart (varga), powerful and the most important of 16 charts (varga), mainly related to marriage prediction.Predictions are made through position of planets in various houses of Navamsha chart, quite similar to the judgments are given according to the position of planets in different houses in astrological natal charts. This chart is not used in western astrology chart, the Manglik effect or Mangal Dosha is nullified.
11. If Venus is in exalted sign, i.e. in Pisces, in 1st, 4th, 7th house in a native’s birth chart, there is no Manglik dosha.
12. If both boy and girl are Manglik, Manglik dosha is cancelled.
Remedy of Cancellation of Mangal Dosha
- The deities who represent Mars are Subramanya, Karthikeya, Kumaraswamy or Skanda. Worshipping these deities every Tuesday will bring relief.
- When Mars is in 8th house and to protect the Mangalya of the girl, especially in South India, the bride is married to a tree like A Plantain tree (in some cases Pipal Tree).After the marriage is solemnized, the tree is chopped off signifying the death of husband thereby Dosha gets nullified. She will be ready for actual marriage.
- In serious cases, Maha Mrityunjaya Homa / Navagraha Homa / Ayushya Homa may be required at the appropriate time.
- Legend has that Savitri fought with Lord Yama and got her husband back to life. Therefore people believe that girls should perform Savitri Vrata regularly to protect their husband’s longevity.
- Some people recommend wearing gems like Red Coral (Moonga). But I feel that by wearing these, you are strengthening Mars and his effect on those houses may increase manifold. As far as possible do not wear any of these.
- Worshipping the Gods Bhairava or Narasimha alongside Subramanya can help relieve the distress.
- Pooja of lord Hanuman is best for giving strength to your mars.