Pregnancy is a wonderful state of being,separating man from woman, a girl from a mother and the beginning of a wonderful new relationship.Women are a privileged lot. A heartbeat within a heartbeat, a life within a life, a relationship built and nurtured that goes along for a lifetime.
Vaastu implements the involvement of various forces of nature while aggregating the five elements and strives to maintain equilibrium as these elements influence and conduct the lifestyles of every single living being.
Thus the five elements influence our deeds, luck, behavior and other elementary of life. Pregnancy is a life-changing experience and is also one of the most crucial phases in a woman’s life. Presence of positive energy is important for women during pregnancy or conceiving.
Vastu tips for pregnancy
1. According to vastu, meditating and exercising in the north eastern corner of your house is good for a healthy pregnancy, because the north-east area is ruled by Easanya. It is believed to be a very important and spiritually prominent zone.
2. If you are feeling weak, tired or are ill, try spending time in the East of your house. The East is believed to be ruled by Indra/Sakra, the God of war and weather. Hence, Indra has power over the rising sun, which is believed to have power over the bones, eyes, heart, spinal cord,and blood circulation.
3. The south and south east zone of the house should be avoided during the first trimester. This is because the south east area is believed to be the habitat of fire while the south is an adobe for Yama, the God of Death.
4. To avoid any problem during pregnancy, the women should sleep in South-Western bedroom or as a second choice in North-Eastern room. They should never sleep in North-Western room during the pregnancy.
5. Expecting mothers must avoid wearing dark or shiny colors such as dark red, black, and orange and go for subtle colors such as pastel green, blue, yellow and white.
6. Playing around with different colours can make you feel more comfortable during your pregnancy. A room painted in white is the most ideal for a pregnant lady. If plain white is too stark, opt for pearly or silvery white.
7. According to Vastu Shastra, a staircase in the exact center of the house may lead to health problems for pregnant women, so take care to get the stairs away from this zone.
8. It is always good to read motivational books during the time of pregnancy. In addition, women should hang images of beautiful, healthy children in their bedroom and look at them several times a day.
9. Do not plant thorny plants like Cacti and plants which exudes white sap, like rubber plant etc. They should also avoid ‘Bonsai’plants which symbolizes stunted growth.
10. Women who are already pregnant must stay in an environment that is lively and fresh. For that matter, it is good to keep fresh flowers in every part of the house. If a baby girl is expected then keep fresh flowers in the Western direction.