Can a Manglik marry a Non Manglik? This is the question, the answer to which is not very straightforward. There are various permutation combinations which need to be evaluated before answering this question. Yes in some of the cases, Manglik girl can marry a non-manglik boy and similarly manglik boy can marry a non manglik girl. But it is very important to firstly analyse the two horoscpes and it needs to be seen whether the effect of the dosha in one's horoscope is mitigated or reduced to a great extent by the positive placement of other planets in the horoscope.
There is lot of ill conceived notions related to “Mangal Dosha”. Mars is the planet of aggression, war, conflicts. It is an hostile planet and there fore anyone who is mangalik should marry a mangalik to nullify this dosha. The Mangalik dosha, which is also known as Chevvai dosha or Kuja dosha, is checked before solemnizing marriage. A stable marriage depends on several factors like health and longevity of partners, mutual understanding, sexual compatibility, financial stability, and progeny possibilities. But the most important is the attribute of patience. This is what keeps a relationships table more than anything else. And since Mars is the significator of aggression and violence, you see why Mangal Dosha is given so much heed in Vedic Astrology when it comes to compatibility.
Now coming to the question whether a Manglik can marry a Non-Manglik, there are certain things that can help determine the answer depending upon the individual case.
Presence of Mars in 7th or 8th house is considered most unfavorable for marital bliss. And if any one or more out of planets such as Saturn, Rahu, Ketu or Sun are also conjuncting Mars, the combination becomes more severe and can result in loss of spouse, separation and/or friction in marriage. On a positive note, this means that if Mars occupies 1st, 2nd, 4th or 12th house, the dosha is not as harmful. Even if Mangal Dosha is present in 7th or 8th house, there are Vedic remedies that can dilute the effect.
Moreover, Mangal dosha is calculated from three points -natal Moon, ascendant and Venus. Mars in 1,4,7,8,12 houses constitutes the Mangal/Manglik dosha. South indians also consider mars in 2nd for this dosha. The reason these houses are related to domestic happiness in the chart.
1. Mars in 1st makes one very aggressive.
2. Mars in 2nd would make one aggressive and dominating in family and speechand spoil domestic happiness.
3. Mars in 4th would spoil atmosphere of the house by quarrels and aggressionof the individual having such mars.
4. Mars in 7th would give excess sex appetite as 7th rules marriage, maritalharmony and sexual pleasures. It would make more hungry for sex which couldspoil the marriage by giving him an animal instinct, forcing his partner intosex for his pleasures etc.
5. Mars in 8th could give danger to life or sudden death, injury by weapons,problems with in-laws, as it aspects 2nd from there it will also affect familyhappiness.
6. Mars in 12th would give bad health to spouse and excessive sex appetite and spend thrift attitude.
Cancellation of Mangal Dosha
There are certain combinations and placements in a chart that can nullify the Mangal Dosha completely. When assessing the chart for presence of Mangal dosha,the possibility of following combinations should not be ignored. Having any of these placements in the chart cancels out mangal dosha.
- If Mars is placed in ascendant in either Leo or Aquarius sign or Aries.
- If Mars is placed in 2nd house in either Gemini or Virgo
- If Mars is placed in 4th house in either Aries or Scorpio sign
- If Mars is placed in 7th house in either Cancer or Capricorn sign
- If Mars is placed in 8th house in either Sagittarius or Pisces
- If Mars is placed in 12th house in either Taurus or Libra sign
- Debilitated Mars placed in 8th house
- Venus & Moon in 2nd house
- Jupiter & Venus conjunction in either ascendant or 7th house.
- Mars is placed in movable signs like Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn
- Mars is placed in Nakshatra of Ketu